Today as Rachel and I were leaving to go a friends bridal shower (in the rain) we learned something new about my very good but very old car, it has a leak in the roof - well in between the windshield and the roof. We left it be and I did not think anything more of it until we were sitting at home tonight and it started to poor. Of course my mind goes to the worst possible thought about what could happen to my car, and the stuff in it, as the rain is coming in. I think about my school books (about $300), the rest of the stuff I could life without if my car were to flood over night and wreck them. So I say to Rachel come help me tap a bag up to the car to catch the rain as it comes in. She reluctantly says OK and gets a trash bag to put over her. We rush down the stairs, cross the river running down the street and get in the car, as Rachel works on tapping up the leaky spot I work on getting my school books and notes in a Trader Jo's bag. Then Rachel insists that I take her picture while she stands in the river running down the street, I do this I mean she did come out in the rain to help fix the leaky car. Then I realize that I forgot to turn the lights off in the car, Rachel steps back in as I hold my bag of books trying to keep them dry, them we ran back up the stars and into the house. Now we are all wet, but I hope that my car is dry in the morning.
Rachel in the River!
2 comments:
i love the rain but not in my car!!! soo sorry my friend!
Rachel told me all about this! What an adventure!
Post a Comment