So as some of you may know, or not, that I play Clarinet. I started when i was in 6th grade, was given at GREAT clarinet, from my great grandparents, in the middle of my 8th grade year, and did marching band, symphonic band and orchestra in high school. Since then I have played a little here and there for different things and wish that I played more. While we were in Omaha Ne we went into an antique store and Rachel found this old all metal clarinet. She showed it to me and I fell in love with it, especial since the cost was only $75.00. My parents had not gotten me a birthday present yet and they said they would get it for me, but I would have to pay to fix it up.
For those of you who don't know they no longer make all metal clarinets, they are now made of wood or plastic. My new clarinet needs a lot of work, and I have not done that yet, but I can not wait till it is playable.
Here are some pictures comparing the all metal clarinet to my wood clarinet.

Metal

Metal
No comments:
Post a Comment