Yesterday I finished and turned in my first piece for creative nonfiction. I thought that I would give you a taste of what it was about. I am only putting in the first page or so. The whole thing is like 4.2 pages. Enjoy!!!
Ouch!
By Naomi
We had pretty much just arrived home from school. We being my mom, my sister, me, and the four kids my mom watched every day after school. I don’t remember if we had already eaten our typical snack of popcorn and apples or if we were getting ready to when I decided to put one arm on the tea trolley and the other arm on the table pick myself up and swing. I was off the ground swinging when the tea trolley rolled out from under me. I crashed on to the white tile floor. The five other people in the house came running up to me.
“Are you ok?”
“What happened?”
They all asked at once. My mom gets to where she can help me, takes one look at my arm and says “You broke your arm we need to get you to the doctor. Rachel can you get some ice for your sister?”
“Are you sure I broke it? It does not hurt that bad.”
“Yes I am sure.”
“How can you tell?”
“I can tell by looking at it, your bones are not in the right place.”
The next half hour or so was kind of a blur. My mom had to find some place for all the kids to go. A couple of them had fears of needles and blood, and in the past had fainted at the sight of them. My mom knew that she did not need to deal with more than one hurt child at a time.
“Can I come with you?” Crystal asked.
“I don’t want to come” Chantal said.
“Are you sure you want to come Crystal?” My mom asked, “It could take awhile”.
“Yes, I want to see what they are going to do.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment